Wednesday 11 April 2012

You can take the girl out of the ghetto...


This post may not be super interesting for 95% of you, but I've just about moved out of the flat I've been in for over three years and I'm reminiscing, so just humour me as I take a little trip down memory lane into the depths of the ghetto to share some of my favourite memories...

Alice: Did you know that if you hold a cat over a glass of water, it'll start to move its legs like it's swimming? 
Pip and Kelly: Really? Let's try! 
KJ: Meow, meow, wriggle, wriggle, smash glass, run away
Alice: Hmm, maybe it was dogs

An epic win in the flat photo competition. Let's take another look at the winning entry:









Irish Potball - the great game invented by the great Jonny Shaw. It's pretty sad when you invent a game and the girls in your flat keep beating you at it though. 

My first birthday in the flat when Kelly, Alice and Brook filled my room with green balloons. I kept thinking I'd got rid of them all, but no, somehow more would always appear!











Discovering we could fit all four flatmates in the HUGE bath (fully clothed and just to prove a point, not because we bathed together)

Flat missions to the dairy in the dark to get ice creams...sticking close together in a group of 4, making sure none of us are wearing blue or red. 

The quote board. Some highlights for you (some are far too inappropriate (Kelly Tuck) to share publicly).
"The best thing about being a leopard would be being able to kill your prey and drag it up a tree"
"We need to figure out a way to figure things out"
"I see naked people all the time and I don't care!"
"If church was today, it would be 11am by tomorrow's time" (Hannah trying to explain daylight savings.

Oh good times! It really has been a treat. Alice, Kelly, Brook, Hannah, Ed, Jonny, Pete, KJ - a treat I tell you!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE! It has been a great 3 years...I will SO miss the many wee adventures, cups of tea, the modified version of daily Keno during Friends, and the heavy police presence in our neighbourhood (hah, it's not called the ghetto for nothing!).

    And a quote from Pip..."We should have a photoshoot with our cat!"

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! I forgot about daily Keno! Of course that's a favourite memory!

      Delete
  2. And I deny any inappropriate quotes!! Your mind is just in the gutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice try Tuck. Everyone knows I'm the innocent one.

      Delete
  3. love this! such a sad day that the ghetto is no longer. i know i defected a while ago, but I think I left a piece of my heart there. Did you find it when you cleaned?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not your heart, just your playstation and your lavender teapot.

      Delete
  4. Aw, this blog post brought warm feelings to my heart that swam up to my face and made me smile. Just like so- :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete